We at Boom Marketing (collectively, “we” and “us”) know you care about how your personal data is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal data*.
*Personal data is data relating to a living individual who can be identified, or is identifiable, using this data or if this data is used in conjunction with other data that is in Boom Marketing’s possession, or could come into its possession.
Personal data you provide to us
When you use our websites or landing pages: We may collect any personal data that you choose to send to us or provide to us, for example, on our ‘Opt-In’ forms or ‘Contact Us’ Page (or similar) online form. If you contact us through our websites or landing pages, we will keep a record of our correspondence.
When you engage with Boom Marketing: We receive and store personal data that you provide directly to us. We often do this as an employed agency on behalf of our clients. In these cases you may be ‘opting in’ for an ‘offer’ or ‘promotion’ that is being run by one of our clients. Whilst we are the service provider for the offer/promotion mechanism, it is our client who is running the offer. You will be made explicitly aware at the time of disclosure that your data is being collected for our clients’ use.
The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include: names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, job titles as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide us in connection with our businesses.
Personal data we collect elsewhere
When you use our websites or landing pages: We collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
How We Use Personal Data
Websites: We will use the information we collect via our websites:
- To administer and improve our websites, landing pages and advertisement campaigns; For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes; To improve our websites and landing pages to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; As part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure. The legal basis for this processing is legitimate business interest.
- If you submit your personal data on our websites or landing pages (e.g. using our contact forms): We use your personal data for purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information. The legal basis for processing this data is consent.
Services: We may use the information we collect from our customers in connection with the services we provide for a range of reasons, including to:
- Provide, operate, improve upon and maintain our services;
- Trend analysis for remarketing purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
Where you have provided explicit consent, we may also use the information you send to us via the website and/or services, to communicate with you via email and, possibly, other means, regarding products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you or to send you our newsletter. You will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time using a one-click UNSUBSCRIBE option within every marketing email.
How We Disclose Your Personal Data to Third Parties
We do not rent or sell your personal data to anyone.
We may share and disclose information (including Personal Data) about our site or landing page visitors or customers in the following limited circumstances:
Vendors, consultants and other service providers: We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that we use to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) website analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), our advertising platform (eg Facebook Ads Manager) email platform (e.g. Gmail), email service providers (e.g., MailChimp) and others. Appropriate contracts are in place to ensure data is only disclosed to these 3rd parties in compliance with current data protection law.
Unless we tell you differently and you consent, our 3rd parties do not have any right to use the personal data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Protection of Boom Marketing and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Boom Marketing, our employees, our customers, or others.
Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Is Your Personal Data Being Transferred Outside the EEA
Yes. A small number of our 3rd party service providers transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
The service providers are listed below, along with the legal basis for each transfer:
- MailChimp (if you sign up for our newsletter & blog updates): EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Google Analytics (data about your use of our site) – EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Facebook (if you have engaged with our Facebook campaigns to avail of offers and promotions run by us) – EU-US Privacy Shield
- Instapages(if you choose to opt-in to avail of offers and promotions run by us) – EU-US Privacy Shield
How We Secure Your Personal Data
We use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
For example, on our website:
- We use regular Malware Scanning on our site to confirm it is safe to use.
- We use a range of security tools to monitor activity on the site and identify unusual activity.
- Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all information you supply through the website is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology between your browser and the site.
In terms of local devices, Boom Marketing has implemented a range of security measures to protect the information we hold in our records. For example:
- All devices (including backup devices) use disk encryption so data is secure at rest.
- Devices automatically lock after a short period of inactivity to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
- Devices are ‘patched’ (updated with the latest security updates) on a regular basis.
The 3rd party service providers who we employ to perform certain tasks also commit to implementing appropriate security measures to protect the data that we disclose to them.
Unfortunately, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
How Long We Retain Your Personal Data
It depends. Different types of personal data is retained for different periods of time.
At a high level, personal data is retained for only as long as Boom Marketing has a legitimate basis to retain the data.
- Personal data you provide when signing up for our email marketing lists is retained until such time as you unsubscribe.
- Personal data that we collect on behalf of our clients for their offers and promotions is kept by us for a maximum period of one year and is then purged from our records.
- While we have personal data about you, you have certain rights. These include:
Right to access
- You may request a copy of all personal data held by Boom Marketing about you.
Right to rectify
- You have the right to ask Boom Marketing to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data held about you.
Right to erasure
- You have the right to ask that we erase any personal data we are processing about you. Please note that we may still be allowed to retain and use your information. For example, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and defend or establish a legal claim.
Right to restrict
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
Right to object
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
Right not to be subjected to automated decision making
- You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision making where the decision has legal or significant effects.
Right to withdraw consent
- Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if we are sending you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent immediately by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE link in the footer of the email.
How to exercise your rights
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with as much information as possible to enable us to complete your request.
Right to complain
- If you believe Boom Marketing is breaching your data protection rights, you have the right to complain to the data protection regulator. Boom Marketing is established in Ireland and is regulated by Ireland’s Data Protection Commission